Hoffman Mandala Contest 2020
HOFFMAN MANDALA CONTEST
We’ve just announced our Hoffman Mandala Contest 2020, open to all Hoffman graduates. The contest rules are below, but first let’s look at what a Mandala is and a way to enter into creating one.
The Sanskrit word Mandala loosely means “circle.” Therefore, a Mandala can symbolize the understanding that life is never ending, reminding us of our relationship to infinity. Your Mandala might contain the many circles you have in your life, such as family, friends, community, and world. Or, it might be a way to visually express what’s happening for you internally.
As a representation of wholeness, mandalas can symbolize one’s life journey. Maybe you feel called to tell the story of your life. Or, perhaps you might use the practice of creating your Mandala as a way to reveal your path forward. They often reveal our state of body, heart, mind, and Spirit, ultimately involving the simple beauty of Presence.
With all of this in mind, if you still aren’t sure what you’d like to create, you might want to design your Mandala as an artistic reflection of the theme, “I See You & I Love You.” This theme is a suggestion, not criteria for entrance into the contest.
CREATING YOUR MANDALA
Take time to visualize the essence of what your Spiritual Self wants to represent at this time in your life. With this guidance, you can then enter into the experience of creating your Mandala. You might begin by doing something like the following:
- Put on some beautiful music (Hoffman music is on Spotify).
- Place your art supplies in reach. When you are done visualizing, begin creating.
- Perhaps do a Quadrinity Check-In first to help align your Quadrinity with the creative process.
- Close your eyes and guide yourself through this visualization, letting your Spiritual Self guide you through the process.
- If need be, do a Dark Side fling or pre-cycle any patterns you know might keep you from hearing and trusting your ability to create.
- Begin to create your mandala, perhaps staying in silence if it feels right.
Trust your Spiritual Self to guide you through the Process of visualizing and creating. Trust your body to create what your Spiritual Self is guiding it to create.
RULES & PERMISSION – HOFFMAN MANDALA CONTEST 2020:
- Artwork must be created by Hoffman graduates
Entries will be accepted from 2/14/20 to 2/24/20
- Submit your Mandala by email: email@example.com.
- Any medium is welcome! (pencils, pens, crayons, water color, graphic design, etc.)
- To submit your mandala, take a picture of your artwork and attach as a pdf or jpeg to your email. (High resolution -300px- is best.)
- Entries must be received by Monday, February 24, 2020 at 5 PM PST.
- The first-prize winner (of a Hoffman Q2 graduate course, no cash value) will be announced on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
- You can download a Mandala template here.
- By entering this contest, you agree to the following statement:
“By submitting my mandala artwork for the Second Annual Hoffman Mandala Contest, I hereby grant permission to the Hoffman Institute Foundation to repurpose, reproduce, and share my design.”
- HAVE FUN & GOOD LUCK!